Just 20 min from Adelaide city centre, Woodhouse (owned by Scouts SA) has for years been a fantastic place for families, sports teams, birthday parties and schools to spend time the outdoors challenging themselves mentally and physically, team building, having fun and creating memories.
A new feature of Woodhouse is South Australia’s only Tube Slide – imagine a waterless waterslide or snowless ski-tube run. It has two 100m+ runs – one with fast and furious walled curves, and one straight (for added speed),– just sit at the top of the hill in a special tube, get a bit of a shove and GO!
Also new to the Woodhouse is the Labyrinth – have fun with the quizzes and riddles at the 17 dead ends in the 537m long split-level maze (135m if you can work out how to exit in a direct path) complete with a fun fireman’s pole and 2 flights of stairs connecting the 2.8m drop from top to bottom tier. Built by Woodhouse volunteers from good neighbour fencing and recycled plastic posts, its design is such that if can be re-configured at any time to ensure regular Woodhouse visitors will constantly be challenged with a new route to ‘escape’.
Additionally, the famous Woodhouse Challenge Hill that’s been conquered by hundreds of thousands of adults and kids over the years has a number of new activities, including new fun times at the creek crossing, a bouldering wall, zipline, a second ‘mousetrap’ maze, and a challenging end to South Australia’s biggest and most fun obstacle course.
A day out at Woodhouse also includes (in your entry fee):
– Disc Golf (for all ages – instead of a ball in a hole, toss the frisbee into a net secured to a post)
– Orienteering – seven professionally designed courses from 1.6 – 2.8km. Maps, and instructions available. Follow the map, find the marked posts and solve puzzle
– Photo Hunt – check the photos you’re given, use the map and navigational skills to match the photos with checkpoints (can be done as part of orienteering)
– Scavenger Hunt (ages 4-14). We’ll give you the clues – you get to explore the wonder of Woodhouse on a real-life treasure hunt!
– Nature Art (ages 4-9) Create your own masterpiece from natural objects found around Woodhouse! A great extension of the ‘Scavenger hunt’
– Hiking – there’s many trails and 54 hectares to explore – or, use Woodhouse as your base to walk along trails through valleys and ridges throughout the wonderful Adelaide Hills to a specific destination