Tips for a Safe Halloween
If you’re planning to go trick or treating this October 31st have a quick read of our tips for a safe and fun Halloween! BOO!
TRICK OR TREATERS
• Wear bright coloured costumes and wear face paint instead of masks that won’t obstruct your child’s vision.
• Children should be accompanied by an adult and trick or treat in a group not alone.
• Get the kids to carry glow sticks and parents to carry a torch and fully charged phone.
• Stick to foot paths and always look both ways before crossing roads.
• Treats should be inspected by a parent before eaten.
• Stay in familiar neighbourhoods.
• Accept treats at doorways only.
• And always remember good manners.
• If you would like your home to participate in halloween, tie an orange balloon to your front fence and leave your porch light on.
• Drivers please be on extra alert in residential streets and don’t forget to enter and exit driveways slowly and carefully.
For a full list of Halloween events and activities search our ‘Halloween’ category.