Now in its third year, the Sydney Science Festival is an action-packed 13 day of event full of hands on science experiences for all ages across Sydney.
Highlights of the 2017 program include:
– Science in the Swamp (Sat 12 Aug) – Witness a dinosaur roaming Centennial Park, live animal displays, pot a plant, discover the science of chocolate, pat a carp, play with science toys or learn about venomous snakes. There will be hands-on science activities for all ages at this free, exciting, family day.
– Family Science Sunday (Sun 13 Aug) – The Powerhouse Museum will buzz with science action during Family Science Day. Featuring interactive science shows and demonstrations, there will be plenty to do and see that will spark scientific curiosity in all members of the family, from solving a mystery as a MAAS Junior Detective, to joining the Museum’s space guide on a mission to Mars and meeting the Mars Lab’s robotic rovers: Mawson, Continuum and MAMMOTH.
– MAAS DIY Day (Sat 19 Aug) – Celebrate the ingenuity of the maker community at the Powerhouse Museum for a full day of making, breaking and fixing. Learn to revive broken electronics at the Repair Café, share and learn skills from weaving to ceramics to leatherworking, or check out the showcase of Young Creator Conference projects, as well as the unique creations of the Festival’s DIY Day partners, including Microsoft, Art Cycle, Makerspace &company, Mathworks Australia and many more.
– Penrith Observatory (Sat 19 Aug) – Enjoy a short 3D astronomy movie, a tour of the telescope domes and a viewing of the night sky through a variety of telescopes (weather permitting).
– The Innovation Games (Sun 20 Aug) – Sydney Olympic Park will be buzzing with interactive displays, live shows, live animals, games, gadgets, film and food!