Climb 200 stairs inside the South-East Pylon to the Pylon Lookout for sweeping views of the World Heritage Listed Sydney Opera House and Harbour surrounds. The Bridge’s four pylons are primarily aesthetic. It took 250 Australian, Scottish and Irish stonemasons to prepare the granite for them.
Now home to the Pylon Lookout Museum, the South-East Pylon has been open to the public since 1934. The Museum contains a comprehensive collection of displays that celebrate the construction of the Bridge, and shares the challenges of our forefathers.