Sydney’s favourite The Grounds of Alexandria is known for its beautiful garden and fresh produce cared for by our in-house Horticulturalists.
These school holidays, join their Green Thumb Experience, which is designed to share their expertise with children in a fun and engaging way. In one hour, children will be taught about horticulture and get their hands dirty planting a selection of seedlings to grow their very own garden.
In this experience, you and your little ones will learn:
- Where fresh produce comes from and seasonal produce
- Different types of fruit and vegetable plants and seedlings
- How to prepare and plant their own miniature flower garden that you will take home
We will happily provide:
- Soil and pots (if you wish to bring your own, please make sure it is no larger than 30cm in diameter).
- Seedlings and seed.
- Knowledge and good times.
- Classes run for approximately 1 hour.
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes before class and check in with us under the Arbour, near the fountain.
- Classes will be held under The Arbour (near our fountain, in The Garden), it is covered from possible rain. If the location was to change, you will be notified by email the day prior to the event.
- This is not a drop-off service. This event is for parents AND their children.
We hope to see you soon!