The Grounds of Alexandria is known for the creation of delicious pastries and tarts from our in-house Bakery & Patisserie. Their ANZAC Biscuit Making Class is designed to share our expertise with children in a fun and engaging way. In a one hour class, the kids will be taught about different baking ingredients, a little bit of ANZAC history, and for the most fun part, getting their hands dirty making & baking a traditional ANZAC biscuit mix.
In this class the kids will learn:
- About different baking ingredients, where they come from and what they’re used for
- A little bit about ANZAC history and what it celebrates
- How to make and bake a traditional ANZAC biscuit mix
The kids will take home:
- A box of ANZAC biscuits
- A colour-in recipe sheet with their traditional ANZAC biscuit recipe
- A certificate to say they have completed The Grounds Kids ANZAC Biscuit Making Class
- Classes start at 10am, 12pm and 2pm – please specify your time when purchasing tickets.
- Classes run for approximately 1 hour.
- Suitable for children up to 12 years old – parents are welcome to stay with their children and help them if they’re young.
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes before class and check in with our School Holiday Program coordinator under The Arbour.
- Classes will be held under The Arbour in The Garden (weather permitting).
- Each child will make a number of ANZAC biscuits that can be taken home in a box creatively decorated during the class.
- Each child will receive a chef hat and apron to wear during the class.
- This is not a drop off service. All parents are required to stay within The Grounds of Alexandria at all times while their child is in the class.
- The number of tickets remaining for each class is indicated in the dropdown menu when purchasing tickets.