The Melbourne Fringe Festival is an independent arts festival presenting new work each year by thousands of artists across all art forms.
Festival guide for kids:
– A Mad Tea Party | The Tuxedo Cat | Full Price: $20.00, Concession: $13.00, Group: $13.00 (per person for 3).
A taste of vaudeville, physical theatre, carnival and comedy, presented in an immersive theatre environment.
– All Day Fritz | The Melba Spiegeltent | Full Price: $14.00, Concession: $12.00, Group: $12.00 (per person for 4).
Family friendly, rowdy, harmonious, groovy tunes, humans of all ages can expect lots of dancing, laughing special guests and even prizes!
– April Underhill: Tooth Fairy | La Mama | Full Price: $15.00.
This magical theatre show brings to life the award winning children’s book by Bob Graham, through puppetry, performance and song.
– Cosmo the Clown Comedy and Magic Show | West Beach Bathers Pavilion | Full Price: $20.00, Concession: $15.00, Group: $10.00, (per person for 4).
Roll up, roll up and let Cosmo entertain you with magic, comedy, music and dance.
– Disney’s Alice In Wonderland JNR | Chapel off Chapel | Full Price: $20.00.
Alice’s zany adventures in Wonderland come to life onstage in Disney’s fantastic adaptation.
– Frank’s Survival Guide to Freedom | La Mama | Full Price: $15.00.
A unique blend of puppetry styles, interactive technology and general cleverness creates a playful celebration of unexpected bravery.
– Radio Control | The Melba Spiegeltent | Full Price: $16.00, Concession: $14.00, Group: $12.00 (per person for 4).
It is an ordinary day in Justin’s life, until he turns on his radio. Justin’s world is turned upside down as his radio mischievously directs him to some comical antics.
– Something from Nothing | Theatre Works | Full Price: $20.00, Concession: $15.00, Tuesday: $15.00, Group: $15.00 (per person for 4).
Blends puppetry, music and pantomime in a beautiful production designed for children aged 5-12.
– Super Hero Training Academy | Luna Park | Full Price: $26.00.
The Super Hero Training Academy is now recruiting kids aged 5+ for a world in which theatre meets workshop meets magic, told in rap and rhyming slang.