On Sunday October 1st, the day after the 2017 AFL Grand Final, the MCG will open its gates and welcome the public to its annual MCG Open Day.
A free event, MCG Open Day allows visitors to step onto the hallowed MCG turf for a kick-to-kick with family and friends, as well as explore otherwise off-limits areas of the stadium, such as the player change rooms and historic MCC Long Room.
Open Day attendees will also be able to visit the world-class National Sports Museum, home to Australian’s largest collection of sporting memorabilia, interactive zones and 3D holograms.
Other highlights include:
– Recreate your own Grand Final glory by getting a photo with the 2017 replica AFL Premiership Cup (pre-register for a discounted price of $5, normally $10)
– National Sports Museum special reduced entry price of just $5
– Kids cricket clinic with the Melbourne Stars
– Petting zoo and pony rides
– Turn your visit into a foodie affair, and book an a-la-carte dining experience in the Members Dining Room. Attendees can relax with a delightful lunch in one of Melbourne’s most exclusive venues (reservations essential)
– Face painting and roving entertainment
– Much more!
A fantastic day out for kids and adults, this is an event not to be missed.
Register now for your chance to win a Melbourne Stars BBL|06 signed team print, and receive an e-voucher to have your photo taken with the 2017 AFL Replica Premiership Cup for only $5 on Open Day – a 50% discount.