A night of adventure awaits as you enter the Australian Museum after the doors have closed and the lights dimmed…the Museum’s halls are yours to explore.
Enjoy a buffet dinner and get up close to native Australian animals such as crocodiles, pythons and lizards before coming face-to-face with our resident Muttaburrasaurus – an Australian dinosaur that lived around 100 million years ago.
Embark on a tour by torchlight to discover the Australian Museum’s stories and treasures before relaxing in the theatrette to watch a family favourite film: ‘Night at the Museum’.
The evening is topped off by sleeping next to some old dinosaur favourites including Stegosaurus and Tyrannosaurus Rex.
In the morning, you will wake to a continental breakfast at our rooftop cafe followed by an exclusive viewing of our current special exhibition: Australian Geographic Nature Photographer of the Year.
Ages: 6 – 12 years. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Adults are not permitted without a child. Adult to child ratio of 1:3 required for general public sleepovers.
Ticket price includes:
– Dinner and continental breakfast
– Encounter live native Australian animals such as crocodiles, pythons and lizards oh my! (Syllabus adapted for school groups. Simply inform AM staff of year group /Stage when booking)
– Torchlight tour of the Museum Galleries, including Wild Planet and Surviving Australia
– Screening of the film, ‘Night at the Museum’ in the Theatrette
– Sleep in the Dinosaur Gallery (sleeping equipment NOT included)
– Entry into the current special exhibition i.e. SPIDERS: Alive and Deadly! intil 16 July then ‘Australian Geographic Nature Photographer of the Year’ from 11 August – 10 December.
– Children receive a goodybag to take home which includes a growing dinosaur egg!
What to bring:
– All sleeping equipment i.e. camping mat, sleeping bag, pillow, comfortable sleeping clothes
– Tooth brush, toiletries and wash cloth (no showers available)
– Ear plugs and sleep mask (optional)
– Please note that the museum is unable to store personal belongings. Please refrain from bringing unnecessary valuables with you and please keep your valuables with you at all times.